Barramundi fish is a type of Asian sea bass and comes from the clean ocean waters of Vietnam, and is one of the most sustainably sourced fish in the world. A favorite with chefs, barramundi is a clean, white fish that has a sweet, buttery flavor. Barramundi has firm texture and large flakes, with a wonderfully silky mouthfeel, and skin that crisps up beautifully. If you like mild, flaky white fish like halibut or grouper, you’ll love barramundi.
- Australis barramundi is the first ocean-farmed fish to earn the Best Choice rating from the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch Program.
- Low carbon footprint and minimal environmental impact.
- Processed shortly after being harvested from the open ocean waters of Vietnam, barramundi is flash frozen immediately to preserve its freshness and quality.
- Australis barramundi is Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) 4 Star certificated.
- A 5-ounce serving of ocean barramundi fish has 833 milligrams of omega-3 fatty acids, which is comparable to wild coho salmon.
See My Order section of our FAQ page.