Blue Hill Bay gravlax is slightly sweet with an exceptionally buttery texture that melts in your mouth, with notes of smoke and sweet dill. Following an old Scandinavian tradition, the salmon is seasoned with fresh dill then cured at Acme’s legendary Brooklyn smokehouse, before being thinly sliced and enjoyed with your favorite bagel.
- Gravlax refers to the Scandinavian custom of marinating salmon fillets with salt and dill and pressing them together under a weight of ice and snow, as a way of preserving the prized fish for the winter. These days, the salmon is marinated in Sel de Guerande, dill, salt, sugar and spices and pressed together with another fillet for two days. The cured fillet is then sliced and served as for smoked salmon.
- Blue Hill Bay gravlax by Acme is made with the finest fish available, cured one batch at a time.
- Responsibly grown, with no artificial colors or flavors.
- Kosher for Passover.
- Blue Hill Bay gravlax is frozen immediately after smoking to ensure freshness and quality.
- Acme monitors and ensures that the highest standards of care are carried out from start to finish, providing premium smoked fish.
- Acme is committed to minimizing their impact on the environment by recycling waste, reducing packaging sizes, using recyclable materials, and limiting use of water and energy.
- Acme gravlax is a product of BRC certification, ensuring all aspects of quality and safety are met during as food production.
- Best Aquaculture Practices certified.
See My Order section of our FAQ page.