Our Kusshi oysters are plump and meaty with a clean and delicate flavor. If you are a fan of Kumamoto oysters you will love Kusshi oysters. They are grown using the suspension method, where the oysters are grown in bags, and never touch the ocean floor. The process gives the Kusshi oysters a rich meaty flesh, and deep shell cup to hold all that amazing liquor. This is a great oyster for beginners and oyster lovers alike.
- Our Kusshi oysters are farmed and harvested in Deep Bay, British Columbia.
- Kusshi comes from the Japanese word for "ultimate."
- Our delicious Kusshi oysters are delivered live, you can't get any fresher than that.
- These are a West Coast oyster. While it depends on the variety, West Coast oysters are typically a bit smaller, with a deeper cup compared to East Coast oysters. They have a slightly sweeter taste, with a subtle mineral flavor, as compared to a more briny, savory flavor of East Coast oysters. The best way to find your favorite is to try a few of each.
- The natural juice inside raw oysters is called liquor.
Source: U.S. Food and Drug Administration
See My Order section of our FAQ page.