Our warm water lobster tails have a sweet, succulent, and mild flavor, and tender texture. Due to living in warm waters, they have thinner shells and tend to be less dense than their cold water cousins but have much more meat in the tails. The meat is also tends to be bit softer compared to cold water lobsters. Freshly-frozen, this selection averages 20 oz to 24 oz each.
- Our warm water lobster tails are flash frozen after being harvested to preserve freshness.
- Warm water lobsters have no claws.
- The tails are the only edible part of the warm water lobster.
- Warm water lobsters are also known as Spiny Lobsters.
- A 1.25-1.5lb warm water lobster tail requires a 3.75-4lb lobster.
Source: US Food & Drug Administration
See My Order section of our FAQ page.