Sushi Chef® Nori is especially delicate and flavorful and an essential part of rolled sushi. The thickness of the sheets make it less likely to break when rolled. Sushi Chef® Nori is usually produced from the first of several seasonal crops so the iron content is high. Once harvested, Nori is chopped, rolled, and dried in the sun and then toasted into crisp sheets. Don’t just stop at sushi rolls; Sushi Chef® Nori sheets are an excellent way to add flavor and color to scatter sushi. Also try it crumbled on salads or rice, or cut into strips to secure finger rolls.
5 full sheets - Each sheet is approximately 7.5 inches x 8.5 inches
- Nori is a sea vegetable. It is harvested in quiet, pristine inlets, whose waters and tides are not too cold or too harsh to grow this flavorful, delicate seaweed.
- The flavor, aroma, and crispness of Nori is enhanced by quickly passing the shiny side of the sheet over a flame just before use.
- Sushi Chef® has been providing Japanese ingredients of the highest quality for over 30 years. It is their mission to bring the beauty, health, and fun of Japanese cooking to every home with the healthiest and most authentic ingredients available.
More about Sushi Chef®
Sushi Chef® strives to provide top quality so everyone can enjoy a traditional Japanese meal at home. The Japanese take food very seriously. Each Japanese meal is inextricably linked to an ancient tradition, religion, and history. Each dish relates a story about its surroundings, the current season, and the guests present at the table. The quality of the food, therefore, is of the utmost importance.
Japanese food is a rare example of a cuisine that is both hearty and healthy. Many of their products are low-calorie, fat-free and gluten-free. Yet their attention to quality makes Sushi Chef® products even healthier than many other Japanese food items on the market. They use no artificial sweeteners or flavor substitutes, and their natural line of products contains no artificial ingredients or dyes. Their vigilance allows them to provide products that taste as full and pure as possible.
Sushi Chef® has been featured in Gourmet, Food & Wine, The Cook’s Magazine, The Boston Globe, Cuisine, Cosmopolitan and House Beautiful, as well as a number of other newspapers, magazines and trade publications.
See My Order section of our FAQ page.
After opening, please store in an airtight wrapper.
How To Roll The Perfect Sushi
- Cut Nori to the size needed for the amount of filling. A single ingredient sushi roll, such as a cucumber roll, requires a half sheet, approximately 4 x 7-1/2 inches.
- Place the Nori lengthwise, shiny side down, on a bamboo rolling mat. Dampen hands with water and spread the sushi rice just to cover the Nori, leaving a 1/2 inch margin across the top.
- With your finger, spread a dab of Wasabi along the center of the rice creating a groove. Lay the filling of your choice in this groove.
- To roll, hold the filling in place with your fingers as you curl the mat forward with your thumbs until the two ends of the Nori overlap, forming a cylinder. Apply gentle but even pressure to the rolling mat. Remove the sushi roll and cut it into six pieces with a very sharp knife moistened with water.