Move over buffalo wings, our crispy buffalo shrimp are our new favorite app. We've combined all the flavors you know and love of game day wings, but we're subbing them with our juicy, sustainable Del Pacifico shrimp. Our buffalo shrimp recipe couldn't be easier to make - after a quick fry, toss the shrimp in our addicting hot sauce butter, then bake to lock the flavor in. They're the perfect combination of spicy, sweet and crispy. Plus our Del Pacifico shrimp is already peeled and deveined by hand for your convenience, so you don't have to spend time prepping and cleaning. Add an extra bag of shrimp to your next order so you can whip up a batch of our buffalo shrimp recipe quickly next time a snack attack hits. And don't forget the blue cheese dressing and celery sticks!
- 1 pound 16/20 Del Pacifico peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 - 1½ cups neutral oil (canola, vegetable or grapeseed)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup Frank’s Hot Sauce
- blue cheese dressing and celery sticks, to serve
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with the flour and the salt.
- Combine the butter and the hot sauce in a small pot and melt together.
- Pour the oil into a large, deep-sided skillet, until it reaches an inch up the sides. Heat until shimmering, then carefully add the shrimp. Cook in batches if needed, so as not to crowd the pan. Fry for about 3-4 minutes total, flipping halfway through, until golden and the deveined edges start to curl.
- Line a plate with paper towels, then use tongs to take the shrimp out of the oil and place on the paper towels to drain the excess oil. Transfer the shrimp to a large bowl, and toss with the melted hot sauce/butter mixture.
- Use the tongs to place the shrimp on the foil-lined baking sheet, then place in the oven and bake for 3-5 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.