Lemon and Herb Fish Fingers Recipe (Gluten-Free)
Prep Time : 00h 10
Cooking Time : 00h 35
Servings Number : 4 - 4 people
Is it possible the best air fryer fish fingers recipe is also gluten-free? Yes, it is! Our fish fingers use fresh haddock (no frozen fish sticks here) and are taken up a notch with a delicious lemon and herb crust. They are crispy air-fried perfection! This easy recipe is just as amazing with non-gluten-free flour and breadcrumbs, and you can also substitute Cod! Try our Lemon and Herb fish fingers recipe and judge for yourself; you will definitely not miss the deep-fryer!
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup gluten-free seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ pound fresh haddock, skin off
- olive oil cooking spray, or other cooking spray
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Zest the lemon into a large shallow dish or bowl. Cut the lemon into wedges and set aside for serving.
- Add the chopped parsley, bread crumbs, garlic powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ tsp pepper to the bowl of lemon zest; stir to combine.
- Place the flour mix in a second shallow dish or bowl and season with a little salt and pepper. Beat the eggs in a third shallow dish or bowl.
- Preheat an air fryer to 400°F.
- Cut the fish into 1-inch wide finger strips. Add to the seasoned flour, turning coat and shaking off the excess. Add to the beaten egg, turning to coat; let the excess drip off. Add to the lemon-herb bread crumbs; turn to coat, gently pressing the crumbs into the fish to stick.
- Spray the basket with a little cooking spray. Arrange half the fish fingers in the basket, spraying their tops with a little cooking spray.
- Air-fry until golden brown and crisp, turning halfway, 10-12 minutes. Remove and keep warm under aluminum foil.
- Repeat steps 6 & 7 for the remaining fish fingers.
- To serve, wrap the fish fingers in sheets of parchment paper. Serve with lemon wedges and mayo on the side.