Andrew Zimmern's bagel dogs are easy to put together and are perfect for the entire family on game day and beyond. Kvarøy Arctic salmon dogs are the perfect alternative to regular hot dogs - you won’t believe that they are actually salmon. For our delicious salmon dogs recipe, use your favorite bagel toppings as inspiration. Look for bagel hot dog buns from your favorite bagelry or grocer to create the ultimate bagel dog!
Scallion Cream Cheese
- 2 8-oz packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 green onion, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 Tbsp dried garlic
- 1 Tbsp dried onion
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 packs Kvarøy Arctic Original or Original and Cheese hot dogs, thawed
- 6 Brioche, onion or plain hot dog buns, brushed with melted butter and toasted
- 2 Tbsp red onion, sliced
- 4 European hydro cucumbers or small Persian cucumber, sliced (optional)
- 1 Tbsp capers, drained (optional)
Everything Bagel Spice Mix
For The Hot Dogs
- For the scallion cream cheese, combine the cream cheese with the green onion in a standing mixer with a paddle attachment. Be sure not to overmix this! This can be made up to 3 days in advance.
- For the everything bagel spice, in a jar, combine all of the ingredients. This will keep for 3 months.
- For the hot dogs, fry, broil, grill, or sautée your salmon dogs. I like them sautéed over medium heat in a nonstick skillet with about a 1/4 inch of oil. Fry until golden brown, turning 3 times to brown on all sides. Place on a paper towel to drain. To assemble, place a few thin slices of cucumber tucked in and running parallel to the dog in the bun. Next, give the dog a schmear of scallion cream cheese. Sprinkle with plenty of minced red onions, capers, and everything bagel spice mix, and serve.
SEAFOOD USED IN THIS RECIPE