- 2 dozen Oysters
- 6 Shallots, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Butter
- 6 tablespoons Champagne Vinegar or White Wine Vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Shuck the oysters, discarding the top shell. Reserve their liquor (oyster liquid).
- Place the oysters on a rimmed baking sheet, flat side up.
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter. Add the shallots, and sauté them until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, 6 tablespoons of the oyster liquor and salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer until the liquid is slightly reduced, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon the shallot mixture evenly on top of each oyster meat.
- Broil the oysters 5 inches from heat for about 7 minutes, or until the oyster edges curl and the liquid is bubbling.
FISH USED IN THIS RECIPEShop for Oysters