A lovely Butter-Poached Lobster recipe perfect for your special someone for a real Valentine's Day treat. By FultonFishMarket.com Chef Anthony Dattolico. Serves 2.
- 2 lobster tails, thawed, shell removed
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 tablespoons water
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 oz jar Hackleback caviar
- 2 oz crème frâiche
- 2 oz canola oil
- 2 oz white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- 6 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz field greens- ex frisée, mesclun etc.
For the Lobster
- In a small saucepan, add the water and simmer over medium heat. Do not boil.
- Slowly whisk in the cold butter pieces. Add additional butter as pieces are dissolved and whisked into sauce.
- When all the butter is incorporated, add the lobster. Spoon the butter over the lobster to poach.
- Remove the lobster when it reaches 140°F. Set aside.
For the Potatoes
- Place potatoes in a small pot with cold, salted water. Bring to simmer and cook until tender. Remove, dry and let cool.
- Slice potatoes into ½ inch rounds.
- Place small sauté pan on medium high heat. Add 2 oz of canola oil. Season potatoes with salt and pepper. Place potatoes in pan and cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Remove and set aside.
For the Vinaigrette
- Place vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper and sugar into mixing bowl and whisk until combined. Slowly drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil until incorporated.
For the Plating
- Lightly dress greens with vinaigrette and place in the middle of the plate.
- Place 5 pieces of sliced potato in circular shape on plate.
- Spoon small dollop of crème frâiche on potato.
- Slice lobster into medallions. Place medallions on top of potato and crème frâiche.
- Spoon small dollop of caviar on top of lobster.
SEAFOOD USED IN THIS RECIPE