This stunning seasonal dish made with our bestselling sustainable Kvarøy Arctic salmon and Misfits Market produce is fall on a plate.
- 6 Kvarøy Arctic 5 oz salmon portions, thawed
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon and 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 large sweet onions, diced
- 3 shallots, diced
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cooking white wine
- 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seed
- In a large pan, add diced onions, shallots, and 1 teaspoon oil. Bring to medium heat. Stir often and cook for 15-18 minutes until soft and brown.
- Add garlic, asparagus, and rice. Season with salt and pepper and add cinnamon. Mix and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Then, reduce heat to low.
- Deglaze the pan by adding the cooking wine. Stir again and gently scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen any bits. Cook for another minute or so or until the alcohol begins to evaporate.
- Return heat to medium and add one cup of vegetable stock. Stir and cook for 5-6 minutes, then add an additional cup of vegetable stock. Continue and repeat this process until all the vegetable stock is used and the rice becomes tender. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Finish with lemon juice and stir. Then, cover with a lid while preparing the salmon.
- Pat salmon portions dry and season with salt, pepper, and cajun seasonings. Bring a large skillet to medium heat and add remaining 1 tablespoon cooking oil. When the pan is hot, add salmon pieces, skin side down, and cook for 3-5 minutes or until salmon is browned and seared on the bottom. Refrain from moving during this time.
- When ready, flip and turn off heat. Leave the salmon in the hot pan—as it cools, the fish will continue to cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, uncover risotto, and give another stir. Portion on serving plates or bowls.
- When the salmon is ready, layer over risotto and garnish with pumpkin seeds. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Enjoy 25% off your first Misfits Market subscription box! Misfits Market is an online grocery store that delivers customized boxes of fresh, organic fruits and veggies up to 40% cheaper than grocery store prices straight to your door! Plus you add sustainably sourced pantry staples like grains, coffee, and snacks to your boxes, which are discounted by 25-50%. Enter code FULTON25 at checkout at www.misfitsmarket.com. Ends 11/30/2020.
SEAFOOD USED IN THIS RECIPEMisfits Market, recipe repurposed from the Misfits Market blog