Here’s a stunning seafood appetizer that will leave a lasting impression on your holiday dinner guests – because really, how many hosts pull out all the stops and serve caviar and smoked salmon?
It couldn’t be easier to whip up: stock up on the classic combo of caviar and smoked salmon, pair with a blend of goat cheese and cream cheese and top with dill on petite toast squares. Sure, the preparation is simple by the flavors aren’t – smoked salmon, rich cheeses, and nutty sturgeon caviar meld into one blissful bite.
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- Salt, to taste
- 1 package of whole wheat mini toasts
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 2 ounces California sturgeon caviar
- Fresh dill sprigs for garnish
- In a small bowl, blend the goat cheese and cream cheese until smooth. Add salt to taste.
- Roll the smoked salmon lengthwise, and slice into one-inch rolls.
- Arrange the toasts on a serving plate, and carefully distribute the cheese blend onto each toast. Place a roll of the smoked salmon on top of the cheeses, then gently spoon the caviar around the salmon. Garnish with fresh dill.
SEAFOOD USED IN THIS RECIPE: