- 3-4 links of kielbasa sausages (smoked)
- 10 corn halves (cleaned)
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 head of garlic, cut in half
- 3 whole live lobsters
- 2 lbs clams
- Choose a stock pot that is large enough for all of the ingredients with plenty of room left over. Fill with water.
- Salt the water and bring it to a boil. Add roughly chopped onion and the two halves of the garlic head to the water once it has come to a boil.
- Add lobsters to boiling water. Be sure to remove the rubber from the claws.
- Be sure to know the weight of your lobster for proper cooking times (1lb= 8 minutes, 2lb=15 minutes, 3lb=25 minutes. This is the average weight per lobster, not TOTAL!)
- Loosely bundle the clams into two separate cheesecloth packets. Be sure they have room to open.
- 7 minutes before the lobsters are finished, add the clams to the boil. 3 minutes before lobsters are finished, add the corn.
- Allow lobsters to cool for 10 minutes after removing them from the water. Drain the water from the pot and arrange the boiled items including the lobster on a large platter.
- Serve with lemon wedges and melted butter!
FISH USED IN THIS RECIPEShop for Lobster
Shop for Clams