- 4 fresh cod fillets (or halibut)
- ¾ lb fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tsp olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Cut off four sections of foil (or parchment paper), 18" x 12" each.
- Spread one foil sheet onto the baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
- Place ¼ of the onion in the center of the foil and drizzle with olive oil. Top with one cod fillet, ¼ each of the asparagus and tomato, ¾ tsp of oil and ½ Tbsp of lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then, crimp the edges of the foil together so that all ingredients are sealed inside.
- Repeat with the remaining sections of foil to make four pouches total.
- Place the packets on the baking sheet. Bake until the packets are expanded and puffy, with the fish cooked to opaqueness (about 12 minutes).
- To serve, remove the contents of each packet and place on a serving plate. Sprinkle with basil and enjoy!
SEAFOOD USED IN THIS RECIPE:Cod