- 130 gram container of fresh uni - East Coast or West Coast
- 2 cups uncooked sushi rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- Rinse the uncooked rice in a colander over the sink until the water runs clear. In a medium saucepan, combine the rice with the 3 cups water, and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In another saucepan, combine and cook the salt, vegetable oil, rice vinegar, and sugar over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Stir the rice vinegar mixture in the cooled rice.
- Divide the rice over four individual bowls. Gentle spoon the divided uni onto each serving of rice, then garnish with wasabi.
SEAFOOD USED IN THIS RECIPE: