This fish street tacos recipe is so delicious your kids will ask for them over and over! Use any flaky white fish like tilapia, red snapper, bass, cod and halibut.
Recipe by Annessa Chumbley, RDN and courtesy of Seafood Nutrition Partnership.
- 16 ounces tilapia, red snapper or your favorite white fish, frozen or fresh
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 16 mini street taco soft shells
- 1 ripe avocado
- juice of 2 limes and zest of 1 lime
- ¼ cup water, plus more
- ½ tsp. salt
- crumbled cojita cheese
- shredded purple cabbage
- ranch dressing
- Heat oven to 400ºF. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place fish fillets. Sprinkle seasonings and salt on top of the filets, rubbing seasonings in to cover the top of the fish.
- Bake fish for 13 minutes, or until cooked through, but not overcooked. During the last 5 minutes of baking, wrap the soft taco shells in parchment paper then aluminum foil, and place in on the baking sheet to warm up with the fish.
- Remove baking sheet from oven, leaving taco shells in their package until ready to serve. Using two forks, shred fish.
- To make Green Drizzle: add ingredients into a small food processor or chopper. Blend until smooth. If needed, thin out with a little more water or olive oil.
- To make street tacos, put 2 tablespoons of shredded fish in the center of each soft taco shell. Top with shredded purple cabbage, crumbled cheese, Green Drizzle, and anything else the family loves! Enjoy.
SEAFOOD USED IN THIS RECIPE