- 1 dozen Soft Shell Crab
- 2 cups of Buttermilk
- 2 cups of Drake’s Flour or Seasoned Flour*
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of pepper
- Clean the crab and remove the face behind the eyes using kitchen shears.
- Soak the crab for at least 1 hour in buttermilk.
- Coat with Drake’s flour or all purpose flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Deep fry 5 minutes until golden brown. Or pan fry approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Serve over creamy polenta or with coleslaw and grilled vegetables on the side.
NOTE: A big THANK YOU for the beautiful recipe to Chef Raul Rodriguez of Glenn’s Diner in Chicago!