- 2 lb. fresh fish fillets (1 part oily fish, 2 parts flaky fish), skinned, deboned, sliced into 1⁄4-inch slices. Tip: Slice the fish across the grain, removing the thickish membrane.
- Juice of 6 lemons
- 1 grapefruit, wedged (without membrane); keep the juice
- 1 small red onion, cut into short, thin strips
- 3 serrano chiles, minced (including seeds and membrane)
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and diced
- 1 nectarine or peeled mango, cored, and cut into small cubes
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, sliced, and scooped out with a spoon
- 1 bunch of cilantro leaves, washed, de-stemmed, and minced
- 1 bunch of parsley leaves, washed, de-stemmed, and minced
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Place the fish in a plastic or glass bowl. Add the citrus juices, grapefruit pieces, and olive oil.
- Toss the ingredients together to coat. Cover the container with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, and add salt to taste.
- Serve chilled and enjoy! Suggested toppings: toasted coriander, hot sauce, or salsa, with corn tortillas or corn chips.
SEAFOOD USED IN THIS RECIPE:Fluke