These easy grilled swordfish and vegetable skewers are bursting with summer flavors. Our juicy swordfish gets a quick marinade in olive oil, lemon, garlic and oregano, then add your fave veggies and grill until you get those gorgeous grill marks. Serve over rice or stuffed into pita bread with an extra squeeze of lemon.
- ½ cup olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pounds fresh swordfish, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 to 3 bell peppers (any colors), core and seeds removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Vegetable oil, for brushing on the grill
- Whisk together the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and zest, oregano, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place the swordfish cubes and vegetables in a large bowl. Add the lemon garlic olive oil mixture and toss to coat. Marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- If using wooden skewers, submerge in water and soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat.
- Thread the swordfish and vegetables onto six skewers, alternating swordfish with the vegetables.
- Brush the grill grates with the vegetable oil. Place the kebobs on the grill, and grill until lightly charred in parts and the swordfish is cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
SEAFOOD USED IN THIS RECIPE