Sweet shrimp is a perfect match for the punchy flavors of Thai green curry. The fragrant coconut curry sauce comes together in minutes, then just grill the shrimp on your grill or in a skillet, and serve with the sauce. Yum!
Serves 3-4 people
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1lb. Del Pacifico Blue Shrimp 16/20
- 1 cup lemongrass, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 jalapeños
- ½ onion
- ½ cup basil
- ½ cup cilantro
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cilantro seeds
- 3 Tablespoons fish sauce (nam pla)
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 package of wooden skewers
- Chopped peanuts, to garnish
- Toast all the spices in a hot pan.
- Put spices, herbs, garlic, onion, jalapeños and ginger in the food processor and process for 30 seconds.
- Sauté the mix in a hot skillet with oil, add the coconut milk and the fish sauce. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Season the shrimp and thread onto the skewers.
- Grill in a very hot skillet or on the grill with a bit of oil. Serve with the coconut Thai green curry sauce. Garnish with chopped peanuts.
SEAFOOD USED IN THIS RECIPE