We love lobster rolls, but sometimes you want something a little lighter. Trust Carla Hall to come up with this lobster roll salad recipe, complete with hot dog bun croutons - genius!
- 4 x 6/7 oz lobster tails
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- 1 cup parsley whole leaves
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 4 hot dog buns, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ stick butter, melted
- 1 cup celery, sliced (keep the whole leaves)
- 1 cup basil leaves, roughly torn
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 head bibb lettuce, leaves torn into large pieces
- 2-3 tbsp tarragon leaves, roughly chopped
- Fill a large pot with a few inches of water and put a steamer basket inside.
- Put the corn in the bottom of the steamer basket and put the lobster tails on top. Close the pot with a tight-fitting lid, then put over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Steam until the lobster tails turn red, about 7 to 8 minutes. Remove along with the corn and set aside to cool slightly.
- Once cool enough to handle, remove the lobster meat from the shells and cut meat into 1-inch pieces.
- Cut the corn off the cob and place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, add the cubed rolls, salt, pepper, and butter.
- Toss to coat, then transfer the rolls onto a sheet tray, spreading into an even layer.
- Toast in the oven until golden-brown, about 7 minutes.
- Remove and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, add lobster meat and juices, toasted croutons, parsley, celery, scallions, and basil.
- In a different medium-sized mixing bowl, add the lemon zest, mayo, lemon juice, tarragon, and salt and pepper.
- Whisk to mix, then transfer the mixture to a squeeze bottle.
- Pour half the dressing over the lobster mixture then toss.
- Fold in the corn, but try not to break up the kernels.
- Add a small amount of the mayonnaise mixture to the bibb lettuce.
- Make a bed with the dressed bibb lettuce and serve the lobster salad and croutons on top.
SEAFOOD USED IN THIS RECIPE