- 8 ounces fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces fresh sea scallops
- 2 cups dry pasta
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 zucchini, chopped
- ¼ cup black olives, sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat the olive oil in the saucepan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and onion. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the onions and garlic are softened (about one minute).
- Add the zucchini to the saucepan. Cook until the zucchini is firm-tender (about three minutes).
- Add the diced tomatoes (and their liquid), tomato sauce, tomato paste, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer uncovered until the sauce is reduced (about 10 minutes).
- While the sauce mixture is simmering, boil the pasta in the large pot to your desired firmness. Drain well and set aside.
- Add the shrimp, scallops, and olives to the simmering sauce. Cook uncovered over medium-high heat until the shrimp are pink and the scallops opaque (about four minutes).
- Serve the pasta topped with the shrimp-scallop mixture. Enjoy!
SEAFOOD USED IN THIS RECIPE: