- 3lb. frozen Octopus, thawed
- 3 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Celery Ribs, diced
- ⅓ cup Parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup Vinegar Peppers, diced
- ½ cup canned Black Olives, sliced
- ⅓ cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- ⅓ cup fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- ⅛ Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in an 8-quart pot.
- Rinse the octopus and place it in the pot to gently simmer, uncovered, until the tentacles are easily pierced with a sharp knife, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove the octopus and let cool to room temperature. Cut off and discard the head, then cut the tentacles into 1 inch pieces.
- Place the octopus in a large mixing bowl along with the rest of the ingredients and combine well. Allow the salad to marinate in the refrigerator from 4 hours to overnight.
- Remove the salad from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving. Enjoy with a crusty bread!
FISH USED IN THIS RECIPEShop for Octopus