- 2 Golden Tilefish, skins removed (7-8 oz each)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 green garlic shoots or scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoons finely chopped chives, mint, lovage and/or sorrel
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped tarragon, basil or marjoram
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Remove any remaining pin bones in the fish. Pat the fish dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Lay the fish in the pan once the butter has begun to foam. Add green garlic or scallions and a pinch of salt. Without disturbing the fish, tilt the pan toward forward and using a spoon, ladle green garlic butter over fish and continue basting fish for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gently flip the fish with a spatula. Reduce heat to low, cover pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Uncover the pan, and add the herbs. Continue basting the fish for another 2-3 minutes until it is fully cooked through.
- Transfer fish to a plate, pour pan sauce over the fillet. Pour lemon juice over the dish and season with more salt and black pepper if needed. Serve immediately for ultimate freshness!
FISH USED IN THIS RECIPEShop for Golden Tilefish