- 1 cup of cooked Corn Kernels
- 1 small Red Onion, minced (about ½ cup)
- 1 medium Hass Avocado, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 small Tomato, diced (about 1 cup), or 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh-squeezed Lime Juice
- 2 ½ Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 Tablespoons fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted Butter
- 4 skin-on Whitefish fillets, about 6 ounces each, patted dry with paper towels
- Combine corn, red onion, avocado, tomato, red wine vinegar, lime juice 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil, and basil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Melt butter and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until butter is foaming.
- Add fish, skin side-down, and cook, pressing gently on back of filets to ensure good contact with skin, until skin is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. If skin shows resistance when attempting to lift with a spatula, allow it to continue to cook until it lifts easily. Flip fish and cook until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer fish to plates, top with relish and serve immediately.
FISH USED IN THIS RECIPEShop for Whitefish