Baked fish 'n chips is a weeknight recipe the whole family will love - but this recipe comes with an extra delicious twist. The homemade ranch dressing is brushed over the fish before being baked for even more flavor.
Recipe by Annessa Chumbley, RD and courtesy of Seafood Nutrition Partnership.
FISH 'N CHIPS INGREDIENTS
- 4 salmon fillets
- 6 golden potatoes, sliced into thick fry shapes
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup Homemade Ranch, recipe below
HOMEMADE RANCH INGREDIENTS
- ½ cup olive oil mayo
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large garlic clove, grated
- 2 long green onions, chopped
- handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- small handful fresh dill, chopped
- squeeze of ½ lemon
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- Mix all ingredients for homemade ranch together in a bowl and set aside or refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat oven to 450ºF. Dry potato slices with a paper towel, then toss on a baking sheet with olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, & kosher salt. Make sure they are all in a single layer and not touching. Roast fry-shaped potato slices for 20-25 minutes, or until crispy.
- Heat grill to medium high and brush with oil. Place each salmon filet onto grill, making sure skin-side is down. Using 1 cup of the Homemade Ranch, gently brush each salmon filet with ranch as its cooking. Cook 9 - 12 minutes, until almost done, but do not overcook! (Typically, cook salmon about 9 minutes for every inch).
- Serve salmon with fries, and set out the rest of the Homemade Ranch as a little dip. Enjoy a grilled, ranch-covered version of fish 'n chips!
SEAFOOD USED IN THIS RECIPE