This quick and delicious striped bass recipe is ready in under 10 minutes and has a nice smoky flavor from the grill that is cut by the freshness and acidity of the chimichurri. Chimichurri is versatile South American green herb sauce that is delicious alongside all types of seafood. Luckily our recipe makes extra, so store in the fridge for a week.
For the chimichurri:
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- ½ teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons shallot, minced
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
For the fish:
- Two 12 ounce skin on Pacifico striped bass fillets, cut in half
- 4 bunches of cherry tomatoes, stems on
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- To make the chimichurri: chop all ingredients lightly by hand, in a blender or food processor.
- For the fish, preheat the grill to 425°F. Season the striped bass fillets and cherry tomatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the fillets skin side down and cook 4 minutes or until the fillets are cooked to desired doneness, turning once. Two minutes before the fish has finished cooking, add the tomatoes to lightly char.
- To serve, place the fillets on individual plates with the grilled tomato, chimichurri and lemon wedges.
SEAFOOD USED IN THIS RECIPE