The cool weather calls for warming bowls of soup like this salmon chowder recipe. Made with our sustainable Kvarøy Arctic salmon and loads of veggies, this is our favorite seafood soup to keep us cozy all winter long. Recipe by Pam Smith, RDN.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup red or yellow peppers, diced
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups Yukon gold or gourmet medley of potatoes, diced
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 6-8 asparagus spears, biased sliced (about 1 cup) and blanched or 1 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 1 cup fresh corn, cut off cob, or 1 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 16 oz fresh Kvarøy Arctic salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped, plus more for garnish
- Parmesan cheese, grated, for garnish
- Heat large heavy bottom pot over medium heat. Add celery, red peppers, and onion, and sauté, stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes, until celery is tender.
- Stir in the garlic, flour, and seasoning until well-blended; then add wine to deglaze.
- Stir in chicken broth and add potatoes. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently..
- Add the salmon, asparagus or peas, and corn, and then remove from heat and add milk, along with parsley.
- Taste and season with additional seasoning or salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Enjoy!
SEAFOOD USED IN THIS RECIPE