This easy salt and pepper shrimp recipe from Fulton friend Eat Cho Food is shrimply the best! Pro tip: stay in and make this 5-ingredient, ready in 10 takeout classic for your beloved on Valentine’s Day.
- 2 lbs wild caught shell-on shrimp
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 2 jalapeños - sliced
- Fried garlic
- Canola oil for frying
- Pat shrimp dry. Place rice flour and 1 tsp of salt in a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Heat 1” of oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Working in batches, coat the shrimp in rice flour and then carefully place in the hot oil. Fry on one side for 2 minutes and then flip to cook for 1-2 more minutes. Place fried shrimp on a platter lined with a paper towel. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Toss fried shrimp with salt, pepper, sliced jalapeños, and fried garlic. Serve immediately.
SEAFOOD USED IN THIS RECIPE