- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- 1 Tablespoon coarsely cracked Black Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon fresh Ginger, grated
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic, minced
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Scallions, chopped
- 4 Tuna Steaks, an inch thick (6-7 oz. each)
- Sprinkle the tuna on both sides with the salt. Then sprinkle with the black pepper, pressing to adhere.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan over moderate heat. Add the tuna and sear for 2 minutes on both sides for medium rare. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat and add the sesame oil, ginger, garlic and scallions. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce and orange juice.
- Add the orange juice mixture and simmer for about 2 minutes. Plate the tuna and serve with the sauce.
FISH USED IN THIS RECIPEShop for Tuna