This easy shrimp salad with quinoa and vegetables makes a delicious and healthy lunch or dinner. Fresh herbs like basil and mint add lots of bright flavor - we also love it with cilantro, so use what you have on hand.
Serves 3-4 people
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound Del Pacifico Blue Shrimp 16/20
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tablespoons basil, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon mint, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ½ cucumber, finely chopped
- ½ yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Iced water
- Cook the quinoa in a little olive oil in a pot for 1-2 minutes, then add the water. Once the water comes to a boil, lower the heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the quinoa sit, covered, for other 10 minutes. Remove the lid, puff the quinoa with a fork and allow it to cool.
- Meanwhile, sauté the onions, garlic and zucchini until softened. Allow to cool.
- Poach the shrimp in boiling water for 3 minutes, then add to a bowl of iced water to stop them from cooking further. After a few minutes, drain the shrimp.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and season with olive oil, balsamic, vinegar, salt and pepper.
SEAFOOD USED IN THIS RECIPE