Treat Mom to this savory Dutch baby topped with silky smoked salmon. Even better, make the batter the day before for a stress-free brunch in bed. Serves 2.
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt and pepper, each
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- To serve: smoked salmon, creme fraiche, arugula or other baby greens
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Whisk flour, sugar, salt, pepper and Parmesan in a bowl. (This can be made the day before and refrigerated, simply whisk gently to combine when ready to cook).
- Blend eggs and milk until well combined and frothy. Add the flour mixture and stir well so there are no dry patches of flour.
- Heat a 9-10" cast iron pan over medium-high heat. When hot, melt the butter to coat the pan. Pour the pancake batter into the pan, then transfer into the oven and bake until puffed and golden, 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and layer smoked salmon, creme fraiche and arugula over the top. Serve hot.
SEAFOOD USED IN THIS RECIPE