- 1 lb fresh sea scallops, cut in half
- ½ lb fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 ounces frozen pea pods, thawed and cut in half
- 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 ounces pasta
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dry parsley
- 1 tsp dry basil
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- In the large pot, boil the pasta to your desired consistency. Drain and set aside.
- In the medium bowl, combine the scallops and shrimp. Set aside.
- In the skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and onion. Saute over medium-heat until the onion and garlic are lightly browned (about one minute).
- Add the shrimp-scallop mixture and the parsley, basil, and cayenne pepper. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until the scallops are opaque and the shrimp are pink (about four minutes).
- Add the peas and artichokes to the saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until the pea pods are tender.
- In the large bowl, toss the pasta and shrimp-scallop mixture.
- Serve on the serving platter, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
SEAFOOD USED IN THIS RECIPE: