This is a quick and easy salmon recipe that packs a flavor punch! The sweet orange glaze is delicious with rich salmon, and the corn salsa is perfect for summer. Thanks to dietitian Annessa Chumbley and Seafood Nutrition Partnership for the recipe.
- 4 salmon portions
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoon tamari (or liquid aminos or soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1½ cup corn (frozen, canned, or cut straight off the cob)
- ½ cup finely diced cucumber
- 1 tablespoon finely diced red onion
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Turn oven to 450°F. In a small sauce pan, add orange juice, tamari or soy sauce, and honey. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes, until orange glaze thickens enough that it can coat the back of a spoon.
- Lay salmon portions on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Brush each filet 3-4 times with the yummy orange glaze. If you don't have a brush, just drizzle the glaze with a spoon and then spread it across the top of each salmon. Bake for 7-9 minutes. If you want more glaze on it, brush it again one minute before it comes out of the oven.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the corn, diced cucumber, red onion and salt to make the corn salsa. Set to the side.
- Remove salmon from oven, and top each with ⅓ cup corn salsa. Serve with extra salsa on the side. Enjoy!!
SEAFOOD USED IN THIS RECIPE