- 130 gram container of fresh uni - East Coast or West Coast - divided
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 6 ounces thin spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon chives, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pulse ½ of the uni and the stick of softened butter in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- In a large serving bowl, toss the cooked noodles with the uni butter, chives, cheese, and lemon juice until evenly coated. Season to taste. Remember that the uni is salty so go easy on the salt.
- Place remaining uni on top of pasta and serve immediately.
SEAFOOD USED IN THIS RECIPE: