- 1½ cup Olive Oil
- 2 Medium Onions, sliced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1¼ cup Chopped Parsley
- 1¼ cup White Wine
- 2 cups Water
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 Whole Whiting, cleaned
- In a 6-quart Dutch oven, sauté onions in olive oil for 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add water, wine, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a low boil, and add the whiting.
- Simmer the fish with the lid slightly ajar for 15-20 minutes.
- Add parsley, and cook for another minute.
- Place the whiting in a serving dish, and pour broth around the fish. Enjoy with crusty bread.
FISH USED IN THIS RECIPEShop for Whiting