You've never had a salmon burger like this. Forget the dry, tough burgers you've had before - buttery wild salmon makes for a juicy burger, plus the black beans help to keep it soft and light. Recipe by Diane Weise. Shop Copper River wild salmon here.
- 1½ pounds wild sockeye salmon, cut into 1⁄4” cubes
- ¼ cup green onion chopped
- ½ cup fresh corn
- ½ cup zucchini, diced fine or grated
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 avocado
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- Olive oil
- In a large container with a lid, combine the salmon, green onion, corn, zucchini, cilantro and ½ of the black beans.
- In a food processor combine ½ the black beans, ½ avocado, juice of ½ a lime and pulse well. Add egg and the spices, pulse until blended.
- Add the mix to the salmon mixture and stir well. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- On a large plate lay out bread crumbs.
- Form the mixture into patties of desired size and coat in breadcrumbs.
- Heat a large pan with a small amount of oil. Fry patties over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Serve as a burger, as meatballs or as lettuce wrap filling.
SEAFOOD USED IN THIS RECIPE