Lemon Butter Scallops Recipe
Ashley McCrary, CEO, Healthy Little Peach
Sweet, succulent sea scallops are seared to perfection before being added to a flavorful lemon-butter sauce. This recipe is easy to perfect and renders an impressive meal for any occasion!
Recipe courtesy of Ashley McCrary, CEO, Healthy Little Peach
1 pound colossal sea scallops, side muscles removed
1-2 teaspoons sea salt
½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 large lemon, juiced
4 Tablespoons butter or ghee
- Pat the scallops very dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle the scallops with salt and pepper, both sides
- When the skillet is hot, add the avocado oil, then add the scallops. They should make a sizzling noise when you put them in the pan.
- Cook the scallops for 2 minutes on each side, making sure not to touch them. Remove the scallops from the pan and set aside.
- Add the butter and lemon juice to the skillet.
- Return the scallops to the pan with the sauce. Spoon the sauce over the top and garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!