Roasted Whole Red Snapper Recipe
Roasting Red Snapper takes little time…and yields big flavor. Follow this recipe for a stand out meal.
2 x 1½ pound red snapper, whole and cleaned
- 1 large onion, sliced
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 5 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 lemon, juiced
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Line a heavy baking sheet with aluminum foil. Brush the foil with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Place fish on top of the foil.
- Using a sharp knife, score the top of each snapper with 3 parallel slashes. Brush with the remaining olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the onion, parsley, rosemary and fill the cavity of each snapper with the mixture. Sprinkle with lemon juice and dot with butter.
- Roast the snapper for about 40 minutes, or until it flakes easily.