Spicy Shrimp Scallop Pasta with Green Peas Recipe
This spicy shrimp scallop pasta recipe features a savory combination of fresh seafood, green peas, & cayenne pepper.
- 10 ounces pasta
1 pound fresh sea scallops, cut in half
½ pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons dry parsley
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 ounces frozen pea pods, thawed and cut in half
- 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large pot, boil the pasta to your desired consistency. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the scallops and shrimp. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and onion. Sauté over medium-heat until the onion and garlic are lightly browned (about 1 minute).
- Add the shrimp-scallop mixture and the parsley, basil, and cayenne pepper. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until the scallops are opaque and the shrimp are pink (about 4 minutes).
- Add the peas and artichokes to the saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until the pea pods are tender.
- In a large bowl, toss the pasta and shrimp-scallop mixture.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and enjoy!