Whiting In Brodo Recipe
This traditional Whiting in Brodo recipe poaches the fish in a white wine infused broth. Enjoy with plenty of crusty bread.
½ cup olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1¼ cup white wine
- 2 cups water
- salt & pepper, to taste
4 whole whiting, cleaned
- In a 6-quart Dutch oven, sauté onions in olive oil for 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add water, wine, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a low boil, and add the whiting.
- Simmer the fish with the lid slightly ajar for 15-20 minutes.
- Add parsley, and cook for another minute.
- Place the whiting in a serving dish, and pour broth around the fish. Enjoy with crusty bread.