Our delicious, fresh, jumbo lump crabmeat is very meaty with a sweet flavor and delicate texture, from the best blue crabs on the East Coast. Only the largest prized muscles from the swimming legs, and no filler, our jumbo lump crabmeat is an excellent choice to add a little luxury to any meal! Jumbo lump crabmeat is excellent served cold in a seafood cocktail or simply sautéed in a little butter.
- Our jumbo lump crabmeat is delivered fully cooked and ready to eat.
- The blue crabs scientific name comes from the Greek words for “beautiful” and “swimmer.”
- May contain shell fragments. In crabs, the meat is located in small segments, separated by a thin shell or cartilage. While we try to remove all shells and cartilage from the product, some may still be present in the crabmeat. We recommend picking over the crabmeat before cooking to remove any remaining shells.
- If you’re lucky, you may find some bright orange bits. These are the roe from a female blue crab. They are sweet, have higher fat content, and are a gourmand’s delight.
- Fresh jumbo lump crabmeat will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Brand may vary.
Source: US Food & Drug Administration
See My Order section of our FAQ page.