Rainbow trout are a soft flaky fish with a delicate almost nutty not overly “fishy” flavor. If you like salmon, you will love rainbow trout! This versatile fish works well with a variety of preparation methods like grilling, sautéing, baking, and deep-frying, and can be used in any recipe that calls for snapper, or salmon.
- This item arrives descaled, gutted and gilled. Average size reflects fish size before these preparations.
- Our rainbow trout is farm-raised so there’s no pressure on wild stocks.
- Our rainbow trout is available year-round.
- Rainbow trout is an excellent fish to smoke.
- It’s the same species as steelhead trout, but rainbow trout spend most or all of their time in freshwater. Steelhead trout are born in freshwater, spend their lives in the sea and then go back to rivers to spawn.
See My Order section of our FAQ page.