Sautéed Shad Roe Recipe
This classic shad roe recipe, pairing delicate roe with crispy, crumbled bacon, is a favorite with shad lovers. Serve with new season baby potatoes and asparagus for a celebration of spring on your plate.
- 4 strips of bacon
- 2 ounces olive oil
1 pair fresh shad roe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, for dredging
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon slice, for garnish
- 1 sprig flat leaf parsley, for garnish
- Render bacon in pan. Reserve crisp bacon for garnish.
- Add olive oil to bacon fat. Place on medium heat.
- Separate the roe into two pieces along the seam. Dredge in flour removing any excess. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place shad roe into pan. Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes. Turn roe, cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place on paper towel, season with salt and pepper.
- Plate and garnish with sliced lemon, parsley and crumbled bacon.