Shrimp Cocktail Recipe
There's no bigger crowd pleaser than our shrimp cocktail recipe. Our perfectly plump shrimp served with homemade cocktail sauce are always a winner and ready in minutes.
- Fill a large bowl with water and ice and set aside.
- Fill a Dutch oven or stockpot with 4 quarts of water. Add the lemon halves and juice, peppercorns, bay leaves and salt and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp and boil for 1½ - 2 minutes. Strain and add to the bowl of iced water to stop cooking. After 10 minutes, shell and devein the shrimp, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Make the cocktail sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve the shrimp on a platter of ice with the cocktail sauce and lemon wedges.