Shrimp Puttanesca Recipe
Fulton Fish Market
Substituting anchovies used in classic puttanesca recipes with shrimp creates a milder, more satisfying, protein-filled puttanesca sauce. Serving it alongside veggie noodles makes it a perfect keto, paleo, or gluten-free recipe!
- 1 Tablespoon capers, rinsed
1 pound shrimp, peeled & deveined
- salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 25 ounces marinara sauce
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
veggie noodles, such as zucchini (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Add shrimp to skillet and cook until shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove shrimp and set aside. Using the same pan, heat remaining oil over medium low; add red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute. Stir in marinara sauce, olives, and capers. Simmer uncovered for five minutes.
- Return shrimp to pan, season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve over veggie noodles of choice (optional).