Tuna & Cauliflower Casserole Recipe
This classic casserole recipe gets a significant upgrade with our fresh Ahi tuna loin and is baked with cauliflower florets, peas, and parmesan cheese. This easy tuna and cauliflower casserole is perfect for a weekend in or freeze to enjoy at a later day.
- 1 Tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, cubed, divided
- ½ red onion, finely diced
1 pound fresh ahi tuna loin, roughly chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
1½ cups frozen peas, thawed
2 X 10.5-ounce cans condensed mushroom soup
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped, divided
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine two-thirds of the cubed bread with the red onion, tuna, cauliflower, peas, mushroom soup, milk, half the parsley, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon black pepper; thoroughly stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish; top with the remaining cubed bread and sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Bake until the casserole is golden brown on top and bubbling at the edges, 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand briefly before serving with a garnish of the remaining parsley.