It doesn’t get better than our Grade A uni wild-harvested from Santa Barbara. Grade A uni is renowned for its bright yellow to gold color, rich, buttery texture and briny, umami flavor. West coast uni is milder than east coast uni and larger in size. Don’t miss the opportunity to sample this luxurious delicacy on its own, as sushi, over pasta or with eggs.
- Grade A uni comes from the sunny shores of Santa Barbara, renowned the world over for its premium uni.
- It takes roughly three whole sea urchins to make each 100g uni tray.
- When harvested, the uni is minimally processed to retain its natural flavor.
- Our Grade A uni is washed in a saltwater brine upon harvest to help retain its shape, color, and freshness.
- Ocean Queen reports every catch to the U.S. Department of Fish & Wildlife Services, and has a mission dedicated to sustainable seafood.
- Ocean Queen is HACCP certified, ensuring optimal food safety and product quality.
- Sea urchin is often referred to as roe but is actually the organ that produces the roe.
See My Order section of our FAQ page.