Truffle Bechamel Oysters Recipe
We think oysters are perfect on their own, but this truffle béchamel adds a luxurious decadence to your oyster happy hour. Beau Soleil are a great oyster choice for this recipe.
- 8 whole cloves
- ½ yellow onion
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons truffle butter (we love The Truffleist Flagship Butter)
- ½ cup flour
24 fresh oysters (Beau Soleil are a great choice)
- 1-2 quarts coarse salt, for broiling the oysters
- 2 teaspoons chives, finely chopped
- Press whole cloves into cut side of onion, then place in a pot with the milk, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Infuse over low heat for at least 10 minutes, without simmering.
- When milk has infused, remove the onion and bay leaves, then add in both butters and the flour.
- Bring the heat up to medium, and whisk often until thickened and smooth, about 10-12 minutes.
- In the meantime, shuck your oysters and preheat a high broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil, then pour the quart of salt in, and spread it out evenly.
- Place the oysters on the baking sheet, pressing them gently into the salt so that they are held in their position. Spoon about a teaspoon of béchamel over each oyster to cover, then place under the broiler for about 5 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven, and carefully transfer oysters to a serving plate. Garnish each oyster with a sprinkling of chopped chives, and enjoy!