Our Beau Soleil oysters are plump and firm with a delicate sweet flavor, a mild brininess, and a slight taste of yeast in the finish. The mild flavor profile and sweet finish make Beau Soleil an excellent choice for someone trying oysters for the first time. These petite oysters are grown in floating trays that never touch the ocean floor. The gentle rocking of the waves creates shells of almost identical size and shape. Beau Soleil oysters are a must for a raw bar at your next party, and sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
- Our Beau Soleil oysters are farmed and harvested in the cold waters of the Miramichi Bay, New Brunswick, Canada.
- Spending half the year in the warmer water near the surface, Beau Soleil oysters spend the winter below the ice, which is when they are harvested.
- Our delicious Beau Soleil oysters are delivered live, you can't get any fresher than that.
- The name Beau Soleil means beautiful sun.
- The natural juice inside raw oysters is called liquor.
Source: U.S. Food and Drug Administration
See My Order section of our FAQ page.